GUEST LECTURER / GUEST PROFESSOR FOR TEACHING HUMAN PHYSIOLOGY (m/w/d)
The Paracelsus Medical University Salzburg offers a high profile degree program in medicine. The Institute of Physiology and Pathophysiology is responsible for the curricular teaching in the subject area of physiology. The course "Clinical Physiology and Pathophysiology of Organ Systems" (27 ECTS) runs in the second year of study.
At the beginning of the academic year 2023/2024, the current Diploma course will be converted to the Bologna Bachelor-Master format.
Due to this change and because the old course will run in parallel for one year, our team is currently looking for a person with expertise in human physiology and an interest in teaching.
The new colleague should be in post not later than September 1st, 2023. The position is limited to one year. The working time is 40 hours/week. Applications by interested persons, who would like to work part-time, are also welcome.
• Implementation, organization and assistance in the curricular teaching in the subject of human physiology including basic pathophysiological concepts.
• Introducing the students to the subject-related Step 1 level of the “United States Medical Li-censing Examination (USMLE)
• A degree in medicine or in human biology
• Experience in the organization and implementation of teaching in physiology and/or patho-physiology including the implementation of physiology practical courses
• Proof of pedagogical and didactic competence
• Excellent German and English language skills
• A planned or awarded Habilitation in physiology, pathophysiology or human biology is desir-able. Habilitation equivalent qualifications of international applicants are also considered.
What we offer
• An interesting, varied and exciting field of activity with a high level of personal responsibility
• Participation in an experienced and dynamic team with a collegial and pleasant working at-mosphere
• Use of the sports courses & facilities of the University Sports Institute (USI) Salzburg
• Excellent public accessibility (S-Bahn, city bus)
• Canteen with daily freshly cooked dishes (within walking distance of the campus)
• Limited possibility of home office and online teaching
We offer a monthly salary of at least € 4.500.- gross/month (full-time, 14x annually) with willingness to overpay depending on qualifications and professional experience.
We look forward to receiving your detailed application with CV and a letter of motivation by e-mail to Univ. Prof. Dr. Markus Ritter: email@example.com
The PMU strives to increase the proportion of women and therefore expressly invites women to apply.
There is no entitlement to compensation for travel and subsistence costs incurred on the occasion of a selection procedure. Application documents sent to us will not be returned. Documents sent by e-mail will be deleted after completion of the selection process.
Univ. Prof. Dr. Markus Ritter Vorstand Zentrum Physiologie, Pathophysiologie und Biophysik
+43662 242080500 firstname.lastname@example.org